The everyday life of a young Christian

Thursday 22 August 2019

WISE AID: HOW TO GIVE



I was walking by the road when a young girl approached me. She explained that she doesn't have enough money for transport. I gave her twice of what she asked for. Immediately she left a young boy approached me with a story (can't remember) whose ending was 'help me with money.' I told him to stop and walked away without helping. Though I walked away, I couldn't help but to think about his needs, maybe he is for real.
Some people pretend to have needs but are actually con artists. Others have legitimate needs but face difficulties overcoming destructive habits. If we turn down the opportunity to help those that are struggling and fighting each day to keep up, we may break their spirit; if we help an idle person or a con, we may encourage laziness in them.
One fact is this, we help best when we are up close...when we truly know the person, we can help in different ways and not just financially.
If we all are in the business of helping our neighbours, there will be no more "less privilege" in our streets.


Click here to find out the 3 deadly tricks used by the devil lure people from God.

0 comments:

Post a Comment