The everyday life of a young Christian

Saturday 4 March 2017

SEVEN WAYS GOD SPEAKS TO US




Through The Scripture


When we study the Bible we are exposed directly to His plan for us. The Bible contains God’s plan for us, everything that He wants us to do and what we will get when we do them are all written in His word. 

The solution to pain, sickness, barrenness, fruitlessness, poverty etc. can be found in the Bible. The Bible was written by the inspiration of God, profitable for reproof, correction and instruction (2 Tim. 3:16).



Through Dreams



In the Bible, most things are revealed through dreams like in the case of Joseph. Via dreams people see the future, learn about the past, and receive messages from God. Dreams can be from God or the devil. 

Dreams from God can bring healing to a dying heart, salvation to a wretched soul, miracles, and can also be a means to warn us about futuristic dangers.  

I had a dream, a warning about the spirit of lust. I was proud and so full of myself; I felt like I need not pray because I am strong enough to overcome anything that comes my way. When it came to pass, that period of my life became the most turbulent period in my Christian life. 

God shows us the future so that we can pray to – change them when it is not in our favor or cement them when it is in our favor. (Job 33:14-15, Genesis 46:2).



Through A Friend 



I started hearing from God’s long before I accepted Christ as my savior. A lot of my friends, neighbors, colleagues try to share God’s word with me. Some of them share testimonies of people whose case were very similar to mine. It was almost as if they knew exactly what I was going through at that particular time. But most times I neglected them. (Isaiah 38:1-5). Not until i got to know Christ that i realized that He has been reaching out to me for a long time... trying to discourage many of my decisions.



Through Circumstances



Sometimes when God wants us to do something or go somewhere, He puts things in place that causes us to move in that direction. I was preparing for a trip to Abuja from Delta, Nigeria. The vitae documents that I needed for the trip that were easy to get became very difficult to acquire. The morning I traveled, I felt a little sick but I was stubborn. I wanted to go by any means necessary, not wanting to be held by back by anything... i ended up travelling. The purpose for which I traveled, I didn’t achieve it. The experienced I had on my way is something I wish I could forget. (Numbers 22:21-31).



Through Books & Publications



There was a time I was dating a particular girl, the worldly. The relationship was a mess; both of us wanted it to work but there was something else at play in the relationship. I stumbled upon a book my Joshua Harris, “I Kissed Dating Goodbye” (Highly recommended if you want to have a successful relationship). God was speaking to me about my relationship while I studied the book. He told me that I have been going about it all wrong. I was a bit rebellious, I told him I am old enough – I started it and I can make it work. I stopped reading and closed the book. A couple of months later, the relationship ended in disaster. 


Through Sermons & Song ministration


The importance of song ministration cannot be overemphasized. Prayers move mountains and praises move God. When I was travelling from Delta to Anambra state in Nigeria, I heard a song ministration which changed my life completely. A song by Tye Tribbett, “What can you do?” I heard Jesus asking me over and over again; tell me, “What can you do without me?” That moment, I knew there was only one thing left to do. I invited Him in to be the LORD of my life.


A still voice in your head


The first time this happened to me, I was literally the happiest man alive. I didn’t know how to reply, because I was so filled with joy. Earlier in the day I studied Psalm 136, “The mercies of the LORD”. I kept on meditating on it, relating to my life’s experience. I saw God’s hand in everything that has happened to me. When I was walking along the street that leads to my house, a voice interrupted my thoughts. The voice was so clear and specific. It said, “Ask of me this day what i will do for you?” I couldn’t believe it, and I started to mumble. My words were no longer organised, but one thing is sure that day, “God spoke to me”.

God speaks to us every day whether we are Christians or not. He calls on sinners to come under His grace. He speaks to Christians to strengthen them etc. But when God speaks, do we listen? Do we hearken to His word? What do we do with the information He shared with us? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment