The everyday life of a young Christian

Saturday 24 August 2019

IS IT RIGHT TO CARRY WORLDLY PRACTICES TO THE CHURCH?



So I decided to surprise my family with a weekend visit. I met my beautiful children looking wonderful and blissful with smiles on their faces. Then I noticed that my youngest child (4 years old) was dancing shaku shaku.
"Where did you learn that from?" I asked. My oldest child was quick to reply...everyone dances it, even in church too.
I don't have a problem with the elder-lies dancing it cause I want to believe that they can discern the truth. My children on the other hand, copies whatever they see... mostly from people they trust.
Christ said, "give Caeser what belongs to him, and God what belongs to God." If a particular dance came into being when celebrating the devil, then there's no justification for it to be offered to God.
I remember when Jesus/Christian makosa came, many were quick to condemn it but now... It seems we choose what to take from the world and offer to God. Remember the ancient landmarks is what the Bible tells me. Train up a child in the way he/she should go, and they won't depart from it when they are older.
If shaku shaku, makosa or faint dance is for the world, then there's no need to offer it to Christ. Even if the song has changed, the purpose of the dance has not changed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment