The everyday life of a young Christian

Friday 22 September 2017

THE SECRET OF CONTENTMENT



When I was a boy my sisters and I used to eat together...I remember complaining a lot about the portion of meat allocated to me. It doesn't matter how big mine was, but as long theirs was bigger, I will start complaining and crying.

If we focus on what belongs to others, it breeds jealousy; our joy will be stolen from us.

I have learnt to judge myself based on where I am coming from and where I am going to; I have learnt the secret of being contented when I'm full and when I'm hungry. (Phil. 4:12)

The economists say that human want is insatiable - give man everything in the world and he will still be miserable. But when God is the source of our happiness, we are truly content.


0 comments:

Post a Comment