The everyday life of a young Christian

Sunday 2 July 2017

LIVING IN EXTRA TIME




When I lost everything, I went from a man of great importance to a man whose presence was disgusting to others. I couldn’t help but wonder – what exactly did I do wrong? How did I offend God that He had to punish me this way?

Many a time when the tides are against us, we classify it as punishment from God and not a result of our own action.

Jesus’s parable of the fig tree gave us an insight about the mercies of God. A worker ask his boss to give a particular fig tree more time for it to produce after being fruitless for a long time. Like the fig tree, we have not been fruitful but Jesus is still asking for more time for us to be fruitful… delaying God’s judgement.


God is merciful, He has given us more time to turn to Him and be fruitful. A choice to turn to Him and live fruitfully must be made.

Read Luke 13:6-9

0 comments:

Post a Comment