The everyday life of a young Christian

Friday 1 September 2017

LASCIVIOUSNESS - A PATH TO DESTRUCTION




When the works of the flesh – adultery, fornication, idolatry, lasciviousness etc. have manifested, it brings forth sin: and sin when it is finished, brings forth death (James 1:15, Gal. 5:22).

There was this girl back in my university days; she was very beautiful and highly desired by many. After I had the opportunity of chatting with her one night, I told my friends that after three more chats with her, I will have her sexually. My feelings for her were not born out of love but out of lust, the desire to have canal knowledge of her.


Lascivious is the feeling or showing of strong sexual desire; a lot of us today are guilty of this – ever willing to go to the extra mile for sex. Jesus said whoever that looks at a woman lustfully has committed fornication with her in his heart.

0 comments:

Post a Comment